Saturday, September 6, 2008

Purpose of Life?



The only topic that decently stuck on to my mind, as a matter of fact, for ever, since i started remembering stuff is about 'The purpose of life'. The closest i went to finding it out was, probably, a spiritual retreat where i was assured to be able to realise it if only i concentrated enough and gave myself to it. Well.. all that i remember from that session was me, forcing myself to 'catch the realisation' and pumping in all my efforts to create an image infront of my closed eyes which would help me infer 'the message'.

I am not usually a person who would consider even the most useless thing with me, to be actually useless. I find it very difficult to classify something as useless. What can be one's criterion to come to such a conclusion? I just have to spend 2 seconds thinking about its prospective its usage, whether innovative or banal, it certainly flashes in my mind. Well this detour from the topic of discussion was not just to elucidate my probable indecisiveness, but to give a better idea about the complexity of thought in my troublesome brain.

hmm.. coming back .. considering that i still think about what i should be doing in my life, inspite of all the coulds and couldn'ts, should i call that day a useless one? Or is there some clue that is present in my vicinity and i am just ignoring it or just not noticing it.Or thinking about all this, in a time that i should have done better things, like the previous day of my examinations, did i just mess up with my acaedemics which otherwise always had worthy exploits to speak about.

But let me tell you, all this thought has always been within me. It remained so forever. It grew with me getting to know more things, experiencing different situations, making different kinds of friends, liking some kinds of attitudes and not being comfortable with the others, defining my own rules, following some rules set by society and family and then most importantly coming to a stand still thinking about what is it that i really want out of doing all this.

But when i notice my friends who are very casual, pragmatic and mostly joyous, i again fall into thought, reasoning it out with my childhood and family woes which i suspect made my mind older than i am. Either way, i just can infer that i think about this more than the others, who remotely care for it. So what do i do.. just sail with the wind like a boat? But even a good boat has sails and by deciding about the direction you want travel in you can set the sail and travel where you want. But what if you dont know what you want or where to go? I dont even have Captain Jack Sparrow's compass which, who knows, could have helped me.
Now i understand why Arjuna in the picture had been so special being able to hit the moving target.


No comments: